Conditions of Entry to the Grounds – The Aviva Centre, 2016 Rogers Cup presented by National Bank
Entry to the Grounds of the Aviva Centre requires a valid ticket, or authorized credential by or on behalf of the 2016 Rogers Cup presented by National Bank, which must be retained at all times and implies acceptance of the following conditions which have been established for the safety and enjoyment of all our visitors and may be amended from time to time:
The 2016 Rogers Cup presented by National Bank reserves the right to limit items which may be brought into the Grounds of the Aviva Centre. To access the Grounds, you must pass through security screening involving metal detection and visual inspections, which are designed to prevent prohibited items from entering the Aviva Centre.
Here are a few tips to help the security screening process go more quickly:
- Co-operate with staff at all times and follow their directions.
- Be prepared to empty your pockets and remove metallic items from your persons.
- Be prepared to have your bag inspected.
- You will be asked to pass through a magnetometer (walk though metal detector). Let the security staff know if, for medical reasons you are not comfortable doing this.
The following items are not permitted inside the Grounds and are subject to confiscation:
- Bottles or Cans (Glass or Metal)
- Non-Clear Plastic Bottles
- Glass Containers
- Aerosol Sunscreen Cans
- Animals (unless a service animal)
- Noisemaking Devices
- Laser Pointers
- Selfie Sticks
- Flag Poles
- Tennis Racquets
- Self-balancing devices
- Video Cameras or other Recording Devices
- Unauthorized Advertising or Promotional Material
- Any other objects deemed unsatisfactory by the management of Rogers Cup presented by National Bank are strictly prohibited on the grounds.
- Clear Plastic Bottles
- Food and water as long as it abides by the above prohibited items list
- Small Personal Coolers
- Laptops, tablets and other handheld electronic devices are allowed on site, however their use within the confines (spectator area) of the tournament match courts is prohibited.
- Cameras are allowed on site as long as the following two rules are followed:
- No flash photography is allowed while play is in session.
- The usage of the camera does not interfere with any other guest’s enjoyment of the tennis.
There are some simple rules that apply to all spectators that differentiate Tennis from that of the other major sports. If seated at any court, please remain in your seat until the end of play and only leave your seat during a player changeover. In addition, please refrain from making noise during play. If prompted, please co-operate with any staff and follow their directions.
The following actions are restricted on the Grounds and are subject to ejection:
- Unauthorized broadcasting, recording or transmitting any event taking place within a venue through the use of personal or professional devices such as smartphones, tablets and video cameras.
- Ambush marketing of any kind including unauthorized commercial or promotional activities; attempting to distribute leaflets, pamphlets, non-approved publications, wearable items or premium giveaways; attempting to create an unauthorized brand affinity or presence; and unauthorized selling or possessing items with intent to sell.
- Smoking (including cigarettes, e-cigarettes, hookahs, and chewing tobacco)
- Disruptive or dangerous behavior that disturbs spectators, including public drunkenness, fighting, gambling, spitting and threatening behavior exhibited toward any games spectators, workforce or participants.
- Use of unauthorized radio frequency devices that have not been previously registered and coordinated for use at that venue with Industry Canada.
Fans who are ejected will have their tickets or accreditation revoked and will not be compensated in any way.
The 2016 Rogers Cup presented by National Bank reserves the right for its authorized employees, agents, contractors, and police officers to remove from the grounds any person who contravenes the above “Conditions of Entry to the Grounds” and any person whose presence and/or behavior in the grounds could reasonably be construed as dangerous, a nuisance, or annoyance to any other person in the grounds. As of January 2016.
Any bag, container or package will be checked prior to entering the grounds. All persons entering the grounds will be subject to search. Please leave any unnecessary items at home or in your vehicle. Glass containers, bottles, non-clear bottles, cans, weapons, bicycles, rollerblades, pets, noisemakers, laser pointers or any other objects deemed unsatisfactory by the management of the Rogers Cup are strictly prohibited on the grounds. Food and water is permitted on site but must abide by the rules above.
While we do allow cameras to be brought on site, no flash photography is allowed while play is in session. Tripods, monopods and camcorders are not allowed. If found at the gate you will be asked to return these items to your vehicle before entry is permitted. We ask that photographs at Centre Court only be taken from your seat or behind the railing, and that it not interfere with any other guest’s enjoyment of the match.
The use of laptops, tablets or other handheld electronic devices within the confines (spectator area) of the tournament match courts is prohibited.
Tennis Canada management reserves the right to remove from or refuse entry to the premises those visitors breaking any law or regulation, without compensation.
The Holder grants permission to Tennis Canada (and its designees and agents) to utilize the Holder’s image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the Event in any medium or context for commercial or promotional purposes without further authorization or compensation.